Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Intro

I took this class because I thought it would be very helpful with my occupational therapy fieldwork this summer. I will be at the Carrier Clinic, which is a psychosocial facility. While I am there, I will be leading and treating groups of individuals experiencing depression, anxiety, dementia, schizophrenia, and other conditions. My supervisor said that it is very common for those individuals to have addictions, mostly smoking. Therefore, I felt that learning more about the different addictions would be a great idea. To have a better understanding before I start my fieldwork will provide me with a great baseline. From this class I expect to gain a better understanding of addictions, ways to overcome them, and learn first hand what it feels like, by attempting to quit a bad habit.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to prepare for your summer experience - I believe you will find the information in this course very useful in your field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! GPWLaw MI

    ReplyDelete